How to manage Videos
Abara allows you to upload video files and use videos from other websites as learning objects in courses. You can create video learning objects from certain websites via URL, rather than uploading a file into the LMS.
Here’s what you need to do to upload a video learning asset on Abara.
- On the left menu pane, select Courses >Manage Videos.
- Click Upload Video.
- In the Video Name field, type the name of the video.
- In the Thumbnail section, click Upload New to upload a video thumbnail.
Note: The video thumbnail will appear on the learner side. This is optional. If you don’t upload your own video thumbnail, a default thumbnail will be displayed.
- In the Video Description text box, type a description for the video.
- On the Upload Video screen, you can select the File option if you want to upload a file. You can select the YouTube URL option if you want to share a YouTube URL, or you can select the Embed Video option if you want to display videos from websites that provide embed codes.
- Based on the option you have selected:
- Select your file or
- Add in the YouTube URL or
- Enter the embed code
Note: The video extensions accepted are MP4 and FLV. Also, the file size must not exceed the maximum allowed size for your portal.
- Click Upload.
- Note: You can edit and view courses in which this video has been added as a Learning Asset. You can also launch the video and delete the video by clicking the relevant icons. Additionally, you can search for the video by typing the name of the video in the Search field.
Leading Corporate and Training Companies trust Abara Learning Management System