Within Abara, users can be categorized based on groups or branches of the organization chart. The creation of a group is useful whenever a set of users with characteristics different than those determining the branches of the organization chart is to be subscribed to a course.
Please bear in mind that you cannot create a new user from here. You can only associate the existing users to a group.
Here’s what you need to do to create a new group.
- On the left menu pane, select Users > Manage Groups > Click Add Group.
- In the Group Name field, type the name of the group.
- In the Description text box, type a description for the group.
- From the Branch drop down list, select the branch for the group’s population.
ASSIGNING USERS TO A GROUP
Using the icons in the Action column, you can:
- Change the name and description of the group by clicking on edit button
- Assign users to a group
- Unassign users from a group
- Assign courses for a group
- Unassign courses from a group
- Delete the group
Here’s how to assign a user to a group.
Click the Assign Learners icon in the Action column.
UN-ASSIGNING USERS FROM A GROUP
Here’s what you need to do to un-assign a learner from a group.
- Click the Unassign tab to un-assign a learner from a group.
- From the displayed list, select the names of the learners who are to be unassigned from the group.
ASSIGNING COURSES TO A GROUP
Here’s how you can assign courses to a group.
- Select the View Assign Courses icon.
- Select the check boxes for the courses, which you want to assign to the group.
UN-ASSIGNING A COURSE FROM A GROUP
Here’s what you need to do to un-assign a course from a group.
- Click the Unassign tab to un-assign a course from a group.
- Select the names of the learners from displayed list, who are to be unassigned from the selected course.