Know more about Abara LMS: type in your query to find the answer.
How to create and manage eLearning Courses
ADDING An elearning COURSE
Here’s what you need to do to add an eLearning course.
- On the left menu pane, select Courses>Manage Courses.
The Manage Courses screen appears with all the available courses.
- Click Add Course to create a new course.
The Add New Course screen appears.
- In the Name field, type a name for the course.
- From the Category, drop-down list, select the category under which a course needs to be organized.
Note: You can create a new course category by clicking Add.
- In the Code field, type a course code.
- In the Type section, select E-Learning course type.
- In the Thumbnail section, click Upload New to upload a course thumbnail.
Note: The course thumbnail will appear on the learner side. This is optional. If you don’t upload your own course thumbnail, then a default thumbnail will be displayed.
- In the Demo Material section, click Select File to upload the demo material.
Note: The demo material will be displayed in the Abara catalog. You can upload the demo material in DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, and PDF formats.
- In the Description field, type the course description.
- In the Status section, select either the Available or Not Available
- From the Certificate, drop-down list, select the certificate you would like to associate.
- Select Always Valid, Valid for Days, or Valid till date.
- In the Credits field, type the number of credits.
- In the Expert drop-down list, select the expert you would like to associate with this course.
Note: You can set the Credits option to be shown in the reports. Also, the Auto Subscription Code will be generated automatically.
- Click Create & Add Course
Note: In the Course Management section, there is Settings section that allows you to manage the course options.
EDITING COURSE DETAILS
Here’s what you need to do to edit the course details.
MANAGE THE NAVIGATION POLICY
Navigation between the course modules can be controlled by the admin by selecting either Free Learning Path or Sequential Learning Path. If Free Learning Path navigation option is selected, then the learner does not have to go through an order while attempting the course. Whereas, if Sequential Learning Path navigation option is selected, then the sequence in which the modules are arranged by the admin should be followed by the learner.
SET THE ENROLLMENT POLICY
Who can enroll users to the course? Self-assignment, self-assignment with admin approval, self-assignment with Line manager approval, self-assignment with Line Manager and admin approval, self-assignment with Line Manager or admin approval and only the administrator.
ALLOW SELF UN-ENROLLMENT
Allow the self-un-enrollment.
ALLOW SELF re-ENROLLMENT
Allow the self re-enrollment.
Select when you want to allow re-enrollment: immediately, Days after course completion, or from date.
MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION OPTION
Establish if subscriptions are closed, open, or available during a precise time period.
Decide if there is a max subscription quota to the course, and set the number of allowed entries.
SET COURSE TIME
Decide if the course will be visible only during a specific period and set up the dates and time on the calendar.
Users can only access the course for a pre-defined number of days after their first access. It is feasible to update all the settings even where the users have already started the course by selecting the dedicated option.
The course will be marked as completed when the students complete (and pass) all the mandatory learning assets or pass the final mandatory assessment. If you choose this second completion policy, the last learning asset should be a mandatory assessment.
MANAGE THE E-COMMERCE TOOL
Decide if you would like to sell the course and establish the price. This tool is available only if you activate the E-Commerce APP. Embed the provided iframe code on your website to allow the public to purchase the course directly. Alternatively, you can make a direct link from your website to the course by using provided link.
Once you have created your course, you can start adding learning assets prior to enrolling students. Click the highlighted icon, and choose the Learning Asset option. Here, you will be able to add and manage learning assets, and organize course layouts.
By default, all the learning assets will be added in root folder. You can also organize learning assets into folders by clicking New. You can rename this folder by using the Edit field.
Here’s what you need to do to add an asset.
- From the Select Learning Asset drop-down list, select the relevant option.
- Click Go.
If SCORM is selected, the Assign SCORM to Course screen appears with option 1 – SCORM Settings selected.
- From the displayed list, select the relevant learning asset.
- Click Assign and go to settings.
On the Assign SCORM to Course screen, option 2 – Specify Settings is selected.
- In the Status section, select from the options, Mandatory or Optional to set the status of the learning material.
- In the Publish From field, select the date and time to start the publish.
- In the Publish To field, select the date and time to end/stop the publish.
- Select the Hide this learningasset check box if you want to hide the learning material.
- In the Number of Views Allowed section, select from the options Infinite or Until Completed to set the number of allowed views.
- If the Until Completed option is selected, then in the Number of Attempts field, type the number of attempts.
Note: For reference material and video, you can choose the number of views allowed: Number of times/infinite/until completed.
- In the Set Delay section, select the day, hour and minutes to delay the next attempt.
- Click Assign.
ASSIGNING THE COURSE TO LEARNERS
Here’s what you need to do to assign the course to your learners.
- Click the highlighted Assign
- Select the names of the learners from the list that is displayed who are to be assigned the selected course.
- Click Assign Course.
UN-ASSIGNING A COURSE FROM A LEARNER
Here’s what you need to do to un-assign a course from a learner.
- Click the Unassign tab to un-assign a course from a learner.
- Select the names of the learners from the list that is displayed who are to be unassigned from the selected course.
- Click Unassign Course.
You can assign courses to better optimize the users details related to different branches, countries, states, cities, or any other sorting category you use to classify the learners. After creating a list of the custom fields, you can select the ones to assign to a specific course.
Here’s what you need to do enable the course visibility option.
- Select the Visibility
- Start customizing the fields for each course.
- The system will show the list of available fields.
- Select the ones you want to assign to the course.
- Click Update.
These courses are now only available for the users assigned to these selected branches/countries/states/cities.
- Repeat the process for each course.
Here’s what you need to do to set notifications.
- Select the entity that the automated email notification should go to.
- Click the Notifications
- Select when you want the notification to be sent out.
Note: This is done based on the course status.
- Select the Status of the course on which basis the notification is set.
- Enter the number of Days after the start date of the course when you want the notification to be sent out.
- Enter the number of Days before the start date of the course when you want the notification to be sent out.
- Enter the number of Days before the end date of the course when you want the notification to be sent out.
- Enter the number of Days before the end date of the certificate when you want the notification to be sent out.
Note: Along with this notification, Email on Course Assignment, Email on Course Completion, Email for Expired Course, Email for Course Update, and Email on Course Unassignment notifications will also be sent for the respective event.
Here’s what you need to do to view the changes done in the course.
- Click the highlighted History
Leading Corporate and Training Companies trust Abara Learning Management System