Know more about Abara LMS: type in your query to find the answer.
How to create and manage Webinar Courses
ADDING A WEBINAR COURSE
Here’s what you need to do to add a classroom course.
- On the left menu pane, select Courses>Manage Courses.
The Manage Courses screen appears with all the available courses.
- Click Add Course to create a new course.
The Add New Course screen appears.
- In the Name field, type a name for the course.
- From the Category, drop-down list, select the category under which a course needs to be organized. Note: You can create a new course category by clicking Add.
- In the Code field, type a course code.
- In the Type section, select Webinar course type.
- In the Thumbnail section, click Upload New to upload a course thumbnail.
Note: The course thumbnail will appear on the learner side. This is optional. If you don’t upload your own course thumbnail, then a default thumbnail will be displayed.
- In the Demo Material section, click Select File to upload the demo material.
Note: The demo material will be displayed in the Abara catalog. You can upload the demo material in DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, and PDF formats.
- In the Description field, type the course description.
- In the Status section, select either the Available or Not Available
- From the Certificate, drop-down list, select the certificate you would like to associate.
- Select Always Valid, Valid for Days, or Valid till date.
- In the Credits field, type the number of credits.
Note: You can set the Credits option to be shown in the reports. Also, the Auto Subscription Code will begenerated automatically.
- Click Create & Add CourseSetting.
Note: In the Course Management section, there is Settings section that allows you to manage the course options.
MANAGING THE NAVIGATION POLICY
Navigation between the course modules can be controlled by the admin by selecting either Free Learning Path or Sequential Learning Path. If Free Learning Path navigation option is selected, then the learner does not have to go through an order while attempting the course. Whereas, if Sequential Learning Path navigation option is selected, then the sequence in which the modules are arranged by the admin should be followed by the learner.
SET THE ENROLLMENT POLICY
Who can enroll users to the course? Self-assignment, self-assignment with admin approval, self-assignment with Line manager approval, self-assignment with Line Manager and admin approval, self-assignment with Line Manager or admin approval and only the administrator.
ALLOW SELF UN-ENROLLMENT
Allow the self-un-enrollment.
ALLOW SELF re-ENROLLMENT
Allow the self re-enrollment.
Select when you want to allow re-enrollment: immediately, Days after course completion, or from date.
The course will be marked as completed when the user joins the webinar or when the user joins the webinar and pass the final mandatory assessment or when the user complete (and pass) all the mandatory learning assets and when the user joins the webinar. If you choose this second completion policy, the last learning asset should be a mandatory assessment.
If you want to sell the webinar course, then provide the price of the course and click on sell course option.
ADD WEBINAR SESSION
- In the Name field, type a name for the Webinar Session name.
- In the Description field, type the Session description.
- In the Subscription, available betweenfield, provide the From Date, From Time and To Date, To Time of the session for the subscription.
- If un-enrollment is enabled, in the Last Date ofSubscriptionCancellationfield, provide the last DateandTime of the session for the subscription
- In the Subscription Quota field, enter the subscription number for the session.
- Provide the Session date, Session Time From, Session Time To.
- In the Duration field, enter the session duration.
- Duration before the session commences for the “start” button to be accessible means the instructor and learner will see the Launch button before the minutes you enter in the field.
Note: Session date should be greater than the subscription available to.
- In the Instructor field, enter the instructor from the drop-down option.
- In the Tool field, enter the tool for the webinar session.
- In the Account field, select the account name from the drop-down option for the session.
Click on ‘Allow wait listing for this session’, if you need to enable waiting list functionality.
Once you have created your Webinar course, you can start adding learning assets prior to enrolling students. Click The highlighted icon, and choose the Learning Asset option. Here, you will be able to add and manage learning assets, and organize course layouts.
By default, all the learning assets will be added in root folder. You can also organize learning assets into folders by clicking New. You can rename this folder by using the Edit field.
Here’s what you need to do to add an asset.
- From the Select Learning Asset drop-down list, select the relevant option.
- Click Go.
If Video is selected, the Assign Video to Course screen appears with option 1 – Video Settings selected.
- From the displayed list, select the relevant learning asset.
- Click Assign and go to settings.
On the Assign Video to Course screen, option 2 – Specify Settings is selected.
- In the Status section, select from the options, Mandatory or Optional to set the status of the learning material.
- In the Publish From field, select the date and time to start the publish.
- In the Publish To field, select the date and time to end/stop the publish.
- Select the Hide this learning asset check box if you want to hide the learning material.
- In the Number of Views Allowed section, select from the options Infinite or Until Completed to set the number of allowed videos.
- If the Until Completed option is selected, then in the Number of Attempts field, type the number of attempts.
Note: For reference material and video, you can choose the number of views allowed: Number of times/infinite/until completed.
- In the Set Delay section, select the day, hour and minutes to delay the next attempt.
- Click Assign.
ASSIGNING A COURSE TO LEARNERS
Here’s what you need to do to assign the Webinar course to your learners.
- Click the highlighted Assign
- Select the names of the learners from the list that is displayed who are to be assigned the selected course.
- Click Assign Course.
UN-ASSIGNING A COURSE FROM A LEARNER
Here’s what you need to do to un-assign a Webinar course from a learner.
- Click the Unassign tab to unassign a course from a learner.
- Select the names of the learners from the list that is displayed who are to be unassigned from the selected course.
- Click UnassignCourse.
You can assign courses to better optimize the users’ details related to different branches, countries, states, cities, or any other sorting category you use to classify the learners. After creating a list of the custom fields, you can select the ones to assign to a specific course.
Here’s what you need to do enable the course visibility option.
- Select the Visibility
- Start customizing the fields for each course.
- The system will show the list of available fields.
- Select the ones you want to assign to the course.
- Click Update.
These courses are now only available for the users assigned to these selected branches/countries/states/cities.
- Repeat the process for each course.
Here’s what you need to do to set notifications.
- Select the entity that the automated email notification should go to.
- Click the Notifications
- Select when you want the notification to be sent out.
Note: This is done based on the course status.
- Select the Status of the course on which basis the notification is set.
- Enter the number of Days after the start date of the course when you want the notification to be sent out.
- Enter the number of Days before the start date of the course when you want the notification to be sent out.
- Enter the number of Days before the end date of the course when you want the notification to be sent out.
- Enter the number of Days before the end date of the certificate when you want the notification to be sent out.
Note: Along with this notification, Email on Course Assignment, Email on Learner being added to waitlist, Email on Course Completion, Email for Expired Course, Email for Course Update, and Email on Course Un-assignment notifications will also be sent for the respective event.
Here’s what you need to do to view the changes done in the course
- Click the highlighted History
Leading Corporate and Training Companies trust Abara Learning Management System