How to create and manage Badges
Here’s what you need to do to create and manage badges.
- On the left menu pane, select Gamification>Manage Badges.
The Manage Badges screen appears.
Note: A badge is like a medal your users gain every time they do a ‘rewarding’ action.
- Click Add Badge to create a new badge.
The Add Badge screen appears.
- In the Name field, type name for the badge.
- In the Description field, type description to explain the users why they have received the badge.
- In the Points section:
You can choose between Fixed points or Score Multiplier.
- Fixed: Type between a zero score (whereby the user gets the badge, but his score does not increase) and a positive score (whereby the user gets the badge and his score increases).
- Score Multiplier: When a value is entered in score multiplier (suppose 1.5), average score of the course (if more than one tests are available in the course, average of those will be considered) will be multiplied by the score multiplier and those many points will be awarded to the badge holder.
- In the Icon section, click Change Badge Icon or Upload New to change or set a new icon for the badge.
Note: You can upload only PNG files and the maximum resolution allowed is 76×76 pixels. You will also be able to see a preview of the badge with its details.
- In the Assignment Condition section, select from the options Manually or Automatic to choose which users will receive the badge manually and which will receive it automatically.
- The Automatic Condition option works by events, i.e. every time a user performs an action related to a specific event, the system would automatically assign him/her a specific badge.
- In the Courses, drop-down list, select the relevant option.
- Click Add Badge.
By selecting the Automatic assigning option, you should set some conditions depending on the event selected. You can associate more than one badge and choose different settings for the same event.
Here’s what you need to do to automatically assign a badge.
- In the Automatic Condition section, select from the options User completed the course or User completed the learning asset.
Note: If the User completed the course option is selected, then every time a learner completes any course they will gain a badge.
- Select from the options Any Course, any of the following courses, all of the following courses, and After completing a certain number of courses.
Note: If Any of the following courses or All the following courses option is selected, it is necessary to specify which courses you would like to link to the badge. If After completing a certain number of courses option is selected, you need to indicate the number of courses the learners will have to complete in order to receive the badge.
- In the Automatic Condition section, if User completed the learning asset option is selected, then every time a learner completes a learning asset, they will gain a badge.
Note: The badge can only be associated with a single learning asset, therefore, you should select a course and a specific learning object included in it.
Note: Once the badge is set, you can see it in the list with the following details:
- Assignment Condition
- Manually assign the badge by clicking the Assign Badge icon.
Note: You can also Edit or Delete the badge any time.
Leading Corporate and Training Companies trust Abara Learning Management System